Sunday, November 20, 2016

How To Get Back In To Blogging After A Break

Hi, I wanted to write a post inspired by my lack of blogging recently and share my experience (got to find inspiration where we can right). I stopped blogging for over three months, it's flown and that's what made me want to get back to blogging more than anything. Blogs are after all a very public kind of diary and it's fun to look back at and see what I was interested in this time last year. Blogging is also a very good excuse for funding my addiction to Lush products.



How To Get Back In To Blogging After A Break


Start Slow
While it's taken me this long to get back into blogging I've been brainstorming ideas for a while. Don't feel pressured to come back until you're ready and full of the inspiration you needed. You could always create a stock pile of posts so you're always ahead.

Write For Yourself
Blogging is suppose to be a fun hobby and for most of us that's all it will ever be but that's fine. Blog for yourself first, don't feel like you need to stick to a schedule or pattern unless you want too.

Draft Write Posts
I can't just write a post and hit publish because it would be riddled with mistakes and sentences that make no scenes. Writing without the pressure of the publish button gives you freedom to play around with your writing style and post layout.

Be Social
One thing I missed while not blogging was reading blogs. Just because you don't feel like blogging doesn't mean that you have to be quiet. Take part in blogger twitter chats or link to old posts to continue to get others viewing your blog.

Don't Force It
Come back to your blog when you are ready, if that's never then that's totally fine, do what's right for you.

Re-Brand
One of your issues might be that you and your blog just don't work together anymore. If you feel it's the right move for you there's the option of re-branding and starting a totally new blog.

Photography
Having fun with props or products may inspire future posts or at least give you a back up of stock images. Take your camera with you on a day out to create a day in the life post which requires only a little writing.

Keep Being Inspired
Reading other blogs is a good way to see what's current or inspire you to write your own take on a subject or there's always a tag to do. Use everyday life as inspiration for future posts and make your blog your own.

I hope these points are helpful, I've sat and drafted a few posts which feels great. Taking a step back from blogging was difficult but I found coming back harder. Finding the confidence in myself and what I've got to say gave me the motivation to give it another go.

Have you got any tips for getting back into blogging?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on

5 comments:

  1. Great tips - I try to keep my blog posts less personal and more general to reach a wider audience. Sometimes, I just need to vent though (which is precisely why I started blogging in the first place), so I'll allow myself the odd indulgent, overly personal post. It's a great way to get back into blogging because when something's been bugging you, it's sometimes a mental block.

    - Lubna | The Digital Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This popped up on my twitter right as I'm attempting to write a blog post after a two month hiatus. It's good to know I'm not the only who's taken a break, brilliant advice! :)

    - Georgia xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tips! I do sometimes struggle with knowing what to write about on my blog, so more often than not I end up getting quieter again! x

    Victoria | VictoriaaHelenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. These points are really good. This was my mentality when i had writer's block. I decided i needed to establish what i wanted my blog to be about, and now writing comes so much easier to me. :)

    Lauren xx
    http://greenteaplease.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice - I'm struggling writing anything at the moment - v busy new job... And organising our wedding too... Not enough hours in the day. Ho hum...

    ReplyDelete